OTA updater system is just simply wrong and evil

why | 18/11/2013

I know that you are very busy and you have worked so hard for developing this wonderful rom, but so many people are complaining about the OTA update and they are totally right.

You have made one of the best Evo 3D ROM in the last couple of versions the worst with this strange update system. Why can't you just offer a ROM file like everyone else? Just remember that if you ever buy a product from a big company and complain about how awful is to download an upgrade just before being able to use it, you are not just doing the same but even making it worse.

The dialog to update is so wrong, there is no way to know if the update is made, there is no resume option, even if you download it fully (who know if it's or not) it just disappear if it doesn't use the file... Once more, I respect your great work but making it so hard and frustrating for the user with no reason is just wrong and evil, and you should feel ashamed of doing it on porpouse just because you are afraid someone is going to "steal" your work...

Just remember all those anticopy systems, DRM, etc... you are acting worse than them and harming the scene with this kind of paranoid behaviour. I really hope you recover your common sense someday.

New comment